Monday, January 26, 2009

O my beloved Watan



From the Hindi film Kabuliwala (1966). Singer: Manna Dey.

Aye mere pyaare watan, aye mere bichhade chaman, tujh pe dil kurbaan
Tu hee meree aarzoo, tu hee meree aabroo, tu hee meree jaan


Tere daaman se jo aaye, un hawaaon ko salaam
Choom loon main us zubaan ko jis pe aaye teraa naam
Sab se pyaaree subah teree, sab se rangeen teree shaam
Tujh pe dil kurbaan

Maa kaa dil banke kabhee seene se lag jaataa hai tu
Aur kabhee nanhee see betee ban ke yaad aataa hai tu
Jitnaa yaad aataa hai tu, utnaa tarapaataa hai tu
Tujh pe dil kurbaan



O my beloved Watan, O my separated garden, I surrender my heart to you
You are my desire, you are my pride, you are my very life

I salute the winds that waft from your land
I kiss the lips that utter your name
Most beautiful of all are you dawns, your dusks the most hued
I surrender my heart to you

Sometimes you come as mother's bosom to embrace me
At other times you come as remembrance of a tiny daughter
I throb with grief at every remembrance of you
I surrender my heart to you

No comments: