Monday, July 17, 2006

Borders?

Shukla-saab’s mail reminded of a quote from Thor Heyerdahl, the celebrated Norwegian voyager. This was on a poster, of the icon on the sail of the Kon Tiki craft, that I bought at the Kon Tiki Museum in Oslo. Heyerdahl (who had traversed vast parts of the earth's surface) said:

“Borders? I have never seen one but I have heard they exist in the minds of most people."

(I just google-searched to get the exact quote and I found it in this blog!)

I got this Kon Tiki poster mounted and gave it for display in the RIMC library in Dehradun. The boys there are trained to become officers in the Indian armed forces, to protect the country’s borders. I thought it was important that they also imbibe a wider perspective during their schooling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Correct version below:

Borders? I have never seen one. But I have heard they exist in the minds of SOME people.


Regards,

Maciek.